Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tag - I'm it.

Sam Rasnake posted the following tag/list at his blog, Sam Of The Ten Thousand Things and invited me to post my own list. Here’s his post:

may not have but must...

Here’s the tag:

Five poetry collections you may not have read but certainly must:

Kathryn Stripling Byer / Wildwood Flower (LSU, 1992)
Tory Dent / What Silence Equals (Persea, 1993)
Brigit Pegeen Kelly / Song (BOA, 1995)
Wayne Koestenbaum / Rhapsodies of a Repeat Offender (Persea, 1994)
Robert Morgan / Groundwork (Gnomon, 1979)

The collections, for whatever reason, should be a bit off the beaten path. And need not have caused the earth to open and swallow you whole.

And here’s mine:

Thomas Hardy / Winter Words in Various Moods and Meters (1928)
Kenneth Koch / The Art of Love (1975)
Wallace Stevens / Harmonium (1923)
Allen Ginsberg / Howl and Other Poems (1955)
Robert Creeley / For Love (1962)

3 comments:

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Dennis, I have to say that I like the Koch and Creeley. But Howl and Harmonium are major foundation stones in my writing world. Yes. Good list.

Anonymous said...

Sam - I was lucky I could even come up with five at all, let alone obscure collections. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's a good list - definitely makes you think about obscurity of poetry. I mean, technically, no one in my family ever heard of anyone in your list. But hopefully among readers of poetry, we'll have read those. If not, I think we're in trouble!